Everyday, several BILLION web pages are added to the web. Yes several BILLION, and that is on a slow day, throw in some ground breaking news and the web explodes.
How do you stay ahead? How do you get your message seen, heard,read and more importantly have your call to action answered?
1. Remember your organization is unique but so is every other organization. You can stand out by using your social platform to engage your community daily with fresh relevant topics, contest, drawings etc. Before you bellyache that you are an organization and don’t have money for a contest I
invite no I command you to become creative. Do you want to increase community participation on your page? Hold a contest requesting a weeks worth of great content highlighting your organization the winner becomes your organizations honorary volunteer web Reporter, Correspondent, Guru you get the idea. Show your community pride: throw a food/resource drive asking your members to contribute using your website to track how much has been given i.e. ABC Org clients have collected and dropped off 50 leashes to the local animal shelter.
2. Create a video you don’t need fancy equipment in fact you can even title it “Top 10 Mobile moments at _____Organization” people love to watch videos and videos are a great way to go viral and have your message spread
3. The seasons change here it is sweater time soon your website should show the change of season and what it means to your organization. Will your pantry need more canned good? Will you need more volunteers to help with homework?
4. Admit it deep down inside you know the difference between a good and a bad web page. Color schemes that make the eyes bleed and induce headaches, pictures that look like gifs at best, and at worse make people quickly close your page. Your website is like a dress or a business suit what was fashionable 20 years ago will not work today. Update or else risk being considered irrelevant.
5. You are sitting reading this article and you are sweating, yes the a/c is on but creativity makes you feel queasy. Here is some good news: a) you are not alone b) you are now surrounded by creative people c) like you they want to create the best possible website for your organization.
Because what is the point of having the worlds greatest website if it is never viewed?