1. More than half of all Americans use a computer to obtain information on resources and services. Can the individuals who are interested in your organzation find you online?
2. Social Media is 24/7/365, launching a social media campaign isnt a one time thing. Technology will only grow and evolve.
3. More people turn to
4. In the non-proft sector we all collectively root and cheer each other on, but the truth is that there is another organization like yours and they will get the funding you want because someone was able to pull up the information they needed immediately.
5 Your annual report is stale by the time it is printed, your funders want up to the minute updates, Twitter and your home page are the new pony express.
6 You are hosting an event and you would like to add new participants. You can bring in a special events consultant who will market to you the same thing they have pitched to every other organization they have worked with whether the event was a success or not
7 If your organization delivers a service imagine the cost savings by streamlining appointments and deliveries.
8. The web isn’t going away, you can cling to your direct mail that gets tossed in the trash, you can continue launching the same annual campaign, hosting the same themed events but all organizations needs a does of fresh creativity
9. Do you want to know how your clients, community members feel about your organizations you are only a few mouse clicks away.
10. Everyday that you say that social media is difficult, to costly not worth the effort you are losing, money, time, prospective, donors and clients.
11 (Bonus) At some point of resisting change you will launch a social media campaign, better to learn now and make a few small mistakes now rather than later.